The short term learning, teaching, training activities in our project are listed in detail in each LTTA timetable in the link
The activities, lectures, training sessions and lessons each host school selected were carefully evaluated and designed to meet the unique objectives of the Erasmus Plus HAPPENS Project during the extensive pre-approval planning stages of the project. They were fine-tuned and planned in greater details in the early months of the project and during the first Transnational Planning Meeting in Barcelona in November 2015.
Each partner school selected activities which represented their unique and special profile of their country and school. The contact with outside agencies: Non Governmental and Governmental Agencies, other educational organisations, experts in the health and wellness professions, academics, research organisations, etc were developed during the lifetime of the project and these relationships guided any changes to the project in terms of activities.
In addition, each school was active in encouraging participation from the parent body, students and school staff in each of the activities that took place during the LTTA visits.
Below you will find a summary of the detailed activities that took place at each of the LTTAs with reference to the timetables from each LTTA which can be viewed here.
C2, LTTA in Athens, January 2016
The LTTA meeting in Athens was the first one although in the application form this meeting was proposed to be the second one.
We decided to make a mutual change with the LTTA meeting in Ireland because of the weather conditions.
In the LTTA meeting in Athens the partnership teachers had the opportunity to work together on specific aspects of the three main parts of the project , the nutritional, physical and emotional health in order to help students, parents and themselves adopt a correct attitude in their lives.
Lectures and seminars
At this LTTA meeting experts on nutrition, physical education and emotional health through lectures and workshops offered their experience to teachers, students and parents and supported them to accomplish their goals.
– A professor of Nutrition and Dietetics from Harokopeio University helped
teachers come in touch with “ΕΥΖΗΝ” National Nutrition and Dietetics Project
in Schools, Ministry of Education, Greece, aiming at:
- rising awareness and knowledge on healthy eating and wellbeing
- ensuring the healthy development of children and adolescents by
adopting more balanced eating habits and physical activity.
– A Nutritionist-Research Associate at Department of Nutrition and Dietetics at
Harokopeio University, presented the benefits of Mediterranean balanced diet
necessary for a healthy living, physical and emotional wellbeing.
– A Supervisor team from the health visitors Unit Department of Public Health Services at Thriassio General Hospital presented the importance of hand hygiene before eating, through an interesting workshop
- Physical Education
– An expert from P. E University of Athens presented epidimiological evidence for exercise and health in Greek children and adolescent and helped teachers realise the benefits of regular exercise and its contribution to a healthy way of life.
– Mr Papageorgiou Nikos, Greek-Roman Wrestling Champion in all age categories presented to teachers, students and parents the sport and its benefits through an interesting flashback from the ancient time until today.
- Mental Health
– Experts from the Centre for the Prevention of Addiction and Promotion of Mental-Social Health through an interesting workshop showed teachers many useful ways to help students recognize their emotions and prevent themselves from bad addictions.
- Mental Health
A15: Pear coaching: “The islands of emotions”. Through an interesting workshop with the help of the two Psychologists who came from the Centre for the Prevention of Addiction and Promotion of Mental-Social Health, teachers discovered useful ways to teach emotions and help students realize what empathy is.
A16: Implementation with students: “You are my mirror”. Students of the 6th grade through a role play became able to understand the need of listening the others carefully and recognize another person’s feelings (empathy).
- Physical Education
A17: Pear Coaching
- “The Olympic Wrestling”. A presentation by the Greek Wrestling Champion Nikos Papageorgiou
- “Epidemiological evidence for exercise and health in Greek
children and adolescent”, lecture by Konsatntionos D. Tambalis,
MSc, PhD Teacher of Physical Education-Epidemiologist Department of
Physical Education and Sport Science, University of Athens, Athens,
A18: Implementation with students. Greek Traditional games:
- “The seven stone game”, by the students of the 6th grade
- “The king”, second grade students presented a traditional game about the diferent kind of sports
- :”The Witch”, third grade students presented a traditional game about the food groups.
A19: Pear Coaching:
- “Mediterranean nutrition and health in children and
adolescent”, a lecture by Maria Maraki, MSc, PhD Nutrionist-Research
Associate at Department of Nutrition and Dietetics,Harokopio University of
- “National Action for Health in Primary and Secondary Education
(EYZHN)”. A secular programme of Greek authorities by Labros Sidossis
Proffesor of Nutititon and Dietetics Department of Nutrition and Dietetics,
Harokopio University, Athens, Greece
A20: Implementation with students:
- “Dietary habits and psychological health”, students of the third
grade showed the benefits of a healthy diet through teamwork and
through a game about the right food choice.
- “Clean hands for healthy food”, 6th grade students with the help of
Mrs Akrivi Arvaniti, a supervisor from the health visitors Unit
Department of Public Health Services at Thriassio General Hospital,
showed through a workshop the right way to wash our
hands in order to prepaire a healthy lunch.
Visits and workshops at archaeological sites
– Visit to the Town hall, meeting the Mayor, giving the Manifest of our project
– Municipality tour
– Acropolis Holy Rock
– Acropolis Museum
– National Archaeological Museum
– Kallimarmaron, the stadium of the first modern Olympic Games
– Sounio cape, exploring a part of the Mediterranean
– The ancient temple of Posidon, at Sounio
PLANNING OF THE VISIT TO ISTITUTO COMPRENSIVO “A.GATTO “, BATTIPAGLIA (Salerno) ITALY from the 5thto the 11th of March 2017
MARCH 7th, 2017 : A visit to “ IL GIARDINO DELLA MINERVA “, an ancient
Botanical garden in Salerno ; in the Middle Age it was the
Research and the studies centre of “ The Antica Scuola
Medica Salernitana” –
MARCH 9th, 2017 : A visiting tour to the most important and representative
Vegetable produce and mozzarella cheese factories- in Battipaglia
and surroundings – taking note and eating habits comparison
activities-lunch time- come back to the hotel- free time.
MARCH 10th, 2017: final event , a lecture on “ the appreciation of nutrition based
on fruit and vegetables , according to a nutraceutical approach ,
as a response to the damage of young people ‘s wrong food
habits “. SPEAKER : Dr Luigi Damiani , Agronomist and FAO Cnsultant.
Lecture contents workshop-
MARCH 11th, 2017- Project meeting – monitoring the activities in the school’s curriculum . Sharing materials- videos and photos. How to write the final report
We have learned, from the LTTA, a lot of strategies to maintain a positive environment in the classroom . They have stimulated the students critical and creative thinking and they have helped students and teachers to change their cultural awareness into intercultural awareness. With these results it has been easier to manage and to reach the project’s topic .At the end of the activities we can say that this project has changed a lot of aspects in our school. Our students are more aware of the importance of healthy lifstyles and wellbeing and our teachers have improved their pedagogical horizons.